Thursday, July 26, 2012

Dear Muppets

Dear Muppets,

I heard recently that the people who run your careers over at the Jim Henson Company ended their dealings with Chik-fil-A.  The executives at Chik-fil-A have proven themselves to be proudly homophobic, so the Jim Henson Company made the smart, considerate move of severing ties.

In Chik-fil-A's version of events, they ended things first.  I don't really care, but I'm less inclined to believe them than I am to believe your people, partly because I love all of you so much and partly because the Jim Henson Company's statement included this line:
donate the payment we received from Chick-Fil-A to GLAAD
How great is that?

I'm sorry that your toys won't be available through Chik-fil-A, but you have to be careful who you become friends with and who you make deals with and who you throw your support behind.  What I've learned from all of this is a very good lesson: better to ally myself with a furry monster than with a homophobe.

With love,
Frank Lee

Edited to add: click here, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment