Thursday, January 3, 2013

Dear Feminists

Dear Feminists,

Thank you.

I experienced street harassment the other day.

Because of where I've lived (the middle of nowhere) and how I've lived (like a recluse), street harassment has been uncommon for me.  I'm not used to dealing with it.  However, I've spent enough time among feminists on-line that I've heard it discussed and dissected.  I've learned about other people's experiences as they've shared their own stories.  I know what street harassment is and how it works.

Thanks to you, when it happened to me this week, I was prepared for it.  I recognized it and understood it.  Before, it would've completely unnerved me and sent me into an anxious tailspin.  Instead, it was, in the moment, something of a non-event.

Thank you, feminists.

With love,
Frank Lee

1 comment: